KeDeZember has arrived! And so has the heat! Summer Splash at Capegate is the place to be at this December/January holidays. Its a huge fun, tropical water park situated in the parking area of Capegate Shopping Centre.
Perfect for those hot Summer days
We visited the water park just yesterday and its safe to say we had an amazing time! Shopping can be rough over the December period and Capegate’s Summer Splash water park is the perfect way to cool down. Heres a promise from me: Your kids will be kept busy the entire time they are in that water park AND they will have fun!
There are a few shaded and seating areas along with a refreshment station. What better way to cool down while the kids be kids! Capegate Shopping Center have really gone all out this Summer!
I love that there are friendly staff all around to assist at every slide and water area. What I love even more about Summer Splash at Capegate is that there are a variety of slide options and that smaller kids can have fun as well.
My sons are 3 and 10. They both had LOADS of fun. Liam, (10) couldn’t get enough of the slides, and Cole (3) thoroughly enjoyed himself in the paddle boats and sandpit (Social Media Ticket Giveaway Bonus Entry Answer). If you follow me on Instagram, I saved some of the videos on my highlight reel. The paddle boats are more suited for the little ones. The water is very low so you can get in too and help your little one along if need be 🙂
Also there are toilets and changing stations in the water park. Remember to bring sunscreen/sunspray, towles, and your bather!
Beach Themed Workshops & Activities
On Saturdays, the water park will also be hosting beach-themed workshops and activities which will be totally free to those in the park. They include sand-building and kite-making workshops, a water wars challenge, as well as a beach treasure hunt!
So if you’re looking for a place to cool down these holidays, Summer Splash at Capegate has got you and the kids covered!
What you can expect at Summer Splash at Capegate
- giant inflatable water slide, which is 5m high, 22m long and 6m wide
- front water slide at 8m wide and 15m long
- wave simulating slide that is 3m high, 10m long
- a two-lane inflated foam slip and slide
- paddle boats
- a surfboard simulating station
- dunk tank
- 240 square meter raised sand pit
- Tickets cost R85 for 90 minutes and R125 for 3 hours
- Non riders (accompanying parents) pay a fee of R40
- Tickets can be purchased through Webtickets or at the water park however no cash will be accepted – Only card payments
- The water park is open from 6 December 2019 until the 11 January 2020. (Closed on 25 Dec & 1 Jan)
- Its open from 10am to 7pm
- All children under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Indemnity forms to be completed for all children
- No food can be brought in
Here are the time slots so you can plan your shopping times as well:
- 10am – 11:30am
- 11:30am – 1pm
- 1pm – 2:30pm
- 2:30pm – 4pm
- 4pm – 5:30pm
- 5:30pm – 7pm
Happy Summer Splash!!
Tata for now